Today, the sustainability and recyclability of packaging is at the top of the agenda of packaging producers, customers and the final consumers alike. The European Green Deal and the ensuing legislative measures in Europe are pushing industry to promote the decarbonization of their production processes and final products. They will have to meet the challenging aims which are, for example, laid down in the Fit for 55 package including an updated 2030 emissions reduction target of net 55 percent compared to 1990 levels.
Reason enough for AEROBAL to organize a panel discussion about the “Recycling of Aluminium Aerosols - Current and Future Perspectives” at the ADF conference in Paris on 29 June 2022, 14.00 – 14.45 hrs in cooperation with the event organizers Easyfairs.
The panelists are representatives of the supply chain covering slug producers (Gregor Zecevic, Talum), can manufacturers (Leopold Werdich, Tubex and AEROBAL President) and brand owners (Alban Bourcier, Beiersdorf). In addition, one of the most experienced aluminium recycling and sustainability experts worldwide will join the discussion (Jörg Schäfer, Aluminium Deutschland).
The panel discussion will be facilitated by Gregor Spengler (Secretary General of AEROBAL) and address the most burning questions when it comes to the sustainability and recycling of aluminium aerosols:
• What are brand owners’ aims and requirements to improve the sustainability and recyclability performance of their products?
• Which solutions can aluminium aerosol container manufacturers offer to achieve better sustainability?
• What are the main assets of aluminium aerosols when it comes to sustainability and recycling?
• What are the main challenges for brand owners and can manufacturers to achieve a continuous reduction of the carbon footprint of their products?
• What needs to be done to further improve the recycling of aluminium aerosols?
During a Q&A session the audience will also be invited to participate in the discussion.
AEROBAL is looking forward to a lively debate and would be happy if you joined the event.